Monday, February 14, 2011

Humorous

Today was my first time to gather the children for lesson. Ms Low has to be out for the second DA so I took over and also learn how to gather the children. I was late because during their outdoor activity, the children play water chalk, so I was diligently cleaning the floor and forgot about the time. When I started to sing, the children just stares at me without doing anything. They were supposed to keep their books and sing along, but they didn't. Probably thinking how come I also know how to sing the song. Plus it was my first time singing it to them. HAHA! The situation was really funny. I just continue to sing until they follow me.

When I want to split them into their respective groups, one of the boy asked Zhou lao shi, "Miss Tan also know how to split groups?" Of course he asked in chinese. HAHA! So naive. During bath time, Grace, Regene, Angeline and Claire was arguing over who should be the first one to bath. In front of Zhang lao shi and I, they still can quarrel. So in the end, I said let's let the other girls bathe first. Let them be the last since they want to fight for it.

The children are starting to be scared of me especially Caleb who is also another one who is very difficult to handle. I'm starting to be able to get their attention. I have to be very firm and do what I said to them. If I said I'm going to reward them then I have to reward them, if I have to punish them then I have to punish them. I'm trying my best to somehow punish them. It's because I don't dare to punish them. I felt a bit like I'm not in the position but actually I can. I have to try my best!

No comments: