Sunday, June 19, 2011

Turning the Hearts of children to the Father

Sermon title: Turning the Hearts of children to the Father
Key scripture: Malachi 4:5-6
Preacher: Apostle Lawrence Khong

2 Timothy 3:1-5
Exodus 20:12
Ephesians 6:1-3
~How to honour our fathers?
3 stages:

1) As a child, I honour my father by respecting and obeying him.
Ephesians 6:1
When we obey our parents, we obey God. If we have a problem with our parents, we have a problem with God. Obey them willingly and happily.

2) As a young adult, I honour my father by accepting and appreciating him.
When you honour your father, you accept him with all faults included.
There must be mutual acceptance and love for a harmonious family.
~ Acceptance means at least 3 things:
a] Realising that God used them to bring you into the world.
b] Listening to what they have to say.
Proverbs 23:22
c] Forgiving the mistakes they make.
Do not hold anger against your father.
Proverbs 20:20
Holding a grudge on your father is self-destruction.

3) As an older adult, I honour my father by
1 Timothy 5:8 & 4
1 John 3:1
Romans 8:15-17
Micah 7:19

No comments: